@$34765: The Weekly Rundown – NFT Sales January 15-21 2022
It is the third week of the year, and it already feels like a long time. We had a huge market crash recently, LooksRare is doing crazy volume, and most people speculate a huge chunk of it is wash trading. There are even big people in sports like Neymar joining the NFT, and companies are starting to make some moves. OpenSea acquired a crypto company, Microsoft acquired a gaming company, and apparently, RadioShack, a dead U.S. company, is doing DeFi? Yes, nothing surprises me anymore; that’s why I prefer data analysis, less drama, and more concise information.
Let’s quickly look at the data.
Big Sales of the Week
**Most top sales were wash trades from LooksRare and are omitted here. We filtered the data as much as we could.
What Collectible Market Data is Telling Us
Top 4 Collectibles
Axie Infinity is back in the top 4 again after being out for a couple of weeks.
Azuki made $54M in sales with a total of 2,768 buyers who transacted 4,922 times- a 105% increase from last week.
Bored Ape Yacht Club made $45M in sales with a total of 130 buyers who transacted 154 times – a 10% decrease in sales volume from last week.
Hape Prime made $38M in sales with a total of 1,391 buyers who transacted 1,885 times.
Axie Infinity made $36M in sales with a total of 122k buyers who transacted 379k times – a 27% increase in sales volume from last week.
The biggest NFT markets or marketplaces where you can buy technically any NFT.
OpenSea made $1.05B in sales with 246k buyers, almost a 6% increase in sales volume last week.
Magic Eden made $77M in sales with 102k buyers, almost a 14% increase in sales volume last week.
Solanart made $3.6M in sales with 13k buyers, almost a 19% decrease in sales volume last week.
AtomicMarket made $9M in sales with 53k buyers, almost a 42% increase in sales volume last week.
Rarible made $1.9M in sales with 1,300 buyers, a 32% decrease in sales volume last week.
What CryptoArt is Telling Us
Art is still being sold, but it has been slower than during other periods. The art that is being sold is mostly high-quality 1/1 pieces.
Let’s quickly break it down for perspective:
- January sold so far $38M
Markets are really down lately. Usually, at times like these is when you should reflect on your crypto strategy and, more importantly, focus your energy on building something. Maybe you are a developer, content creator, or are just trying to find your place in the crypto world. Just go ahead and take advantage of these less euphoric times and start contributing to the crypto community.
More NFT Drops...
More Crypto News...
- Bitcoin Price Tests Critical Support Levels
- Japan’s Largest Broker Nomura Now Offers Bitcoin Derivatives
- The Financial Dark Ages Are Ending Thanks To Bitcoin
- The Role Of Art In The Bitcoin Renaissance
- Bitcoin Stalls Below $30K, Polkadot Recovers Another 7% (Weekend Watch)
- An Open Letter To A Bitcoin-Doubting Friend On Wall Street
- Nomura Launches Over-the-Counter Bitcoin Derivatives
- Dribblie Introduces the First Deflationary Football NFT Game
- Bitcoin Rejected at $30K, TRON and Polkadot Spike 4% (Weekend Watch)
- Going Against The Flow With Bitcoin
- Major Increase In Bitcoin Trading Volume
- Dubai’s Emirates Airline Set to Embrace Bitcoin, NFT, and Metaverse
- Metaverse Thailand to Create Tradable Land NFTs
- FREE USDT Tokens In Armaldia NFT Airdrop!
- Seven Companies You Wouldn’t Expect To Be Mining Bitcoin