@$35236: Twitter Debuts Hexagon-Shaped Profile Pictures for Verified NFTs
Microblogging and social networking powerhouse Twitter has become one of the first social media platforms to build NFTs into its app. Powered by OpensSea’s API, the platform has launched a new feature called ‘NFT Profile Pictures’ which offers users the opportunity to flaunt their favourite profile picture NFTs without receiving scrutiny over their proof of ownership.
‘NFT Profile Pictures’ launched on January 20th, meaning the new feature is already live and ready to be enjoyed. All users must do is connect their crypto wallets to their Twitter account, where they will then be presented with a list of NFTs they own. Once they have chosen their desired NFT to be displayed, it will simply appear as their profile picture.
In order to notify onlookers that the user possesses verified ownership of the NFT, each NFT Profile Picture will be enclosed with a distinct hexagonal frame, as opposed to the standard circular frame which is usually seen on the platform. Such design concept simultaneously combats the fraudulences of pesky right clickers, because as of now, their lack of ownership can be instantly identified.
Unfortunately, the first iteration of the feature is only available to those who meet a certain criterion, with the first being that they must be a Twitter Blue user, the company’s $2.99-a-month subscription service. In addition, the NFTs wishing to be verified must be Ethereum-based, and users must be operating Twitter via its iOS app.
Users must also be aware that OpenSea is essentially a third party built into the feature’s verification process, meaning that NFT Profile Pictures will be vulnerable to malfunctions and image loading problems if the online marketplace was to ever go down.
Find out more >> Twitter Website
More NFT Drops...
More Crypto News...
- Bitcoin Price Tests Critical Support Levels
- Japan’s Largest Broker Nomura Now Offers Bitcoin Derivatives
- The Financial Dark Ages Are Ending Thanks To Bitcoin
- The Role Of Art In The Bitcoin Renaissance
- Bitcoin Stalls Below $30K, Polkadot Recovers Another 7% (Weekend Watch)
- An Open Letter To A Bitcoin-Doubting Friend On Wall Street
- Nomura Launches Over-the-Counter Bitcoin Derivatives
- Dribblie Introduces the First Deflationary Football NFT Game
- Bitcoin Rejected at $30K, TRON and Polkadot Spike 4% (Weekend Watch)
- Going Against The Flow With Bitcoin
- Major Increase In Bitcoin Trading Volume
- Dubai’s Emirates Airline Set to Embrace Bitcoin, NFT, and Metaverse
- Metaverse Thailand to Create Tradable Land NFTs
- FREE USDT Tokens In Armaldia NFT Airdrop!
- Seven Companies You Wouldn’t Expect To Be Mining Bitcoin