@$19287: Bitcoin Stalls Below $20K, Tezos Soars 7% (Weekend Watch)
Following the recent enhanced volatility, bitcoin has actually calmed and remains well below the coveted $20,000 line. Most alternative coins are also quite stagnant on a 24-hour scale, except for ATOM and XTZ, which are well in the green.
Bitcoin Sits Below $20K
As it was the sentiment in almost the entire Q2, which turned out to be one of bitcoin’s worst ever, the past several days have seen BTC going on the decline.
The cryptocurrency stood above $21,000 up until June 28, but then the bears reminded of their presence. At first, they pushed BTC back down to $20,000, where the asset remained for a few days.
However, it eventually dropped below that level and marked a new 10-day low of below $19,000.
Surprisingly, the asset went on the offensive at that point and skyrocketed to just under $21,000.
However, that was short-lived and bitcoin retraced back to below $20,000 in minutes. Since then, the asset has lost a bit more value and now stands just inches above $19,000. Its market cap is at $365 billion.
Notable Bitcoin News
Despite the lack of success in the past, VanEck has decided to try again by applying for another spot Bitcoin ETF with the SEC.
The CFTC is working on what it described as its largest BTC-related scam case involving $1.7 billion in the cryptocurrency.
Several on-chain indicators suggested that bitcoin might not have found its bottom yet, which could be at $15,000.
XTZ and ATOM Lead the Way
The altcoins went through similar volatility at the end of the week, but most are calm now.
Ethereum continues to remain above $1,000, but the asset has lost over $200 in the past several days. BNB is just under $220, following a minor daily decline.
Ripple, Cardano, and Shiba Inu are slightly in the red on a daily scale, while LEO has dropped by more than 5%.
In contrast, Solana, Dogecoin, Polkadot, and Tron have marked insignificant gains. More impressive price increases come from ATOM and XTZ – up by 8% and 7%, respectively.
The crypto market cap continues to struggle and is down below $900 billion as of now.
The suffering crypto-focused hedge fund 3AC filed for bankruptcy, while Voyager Digital had to suspend withdrawals due to its exposure to Three Arrows.
The European Commission and other member states agreed to implement strict regulations on the crypto industry.
Coinbase denied the recent accusations of selling sensitive user data to the US government.
More NFT Drops...
More Crypto News...
- FREE FCC Coins In FreeCity Crypto Airdrop!
- Bitcoin Touched $25K for the First Time in 2-Months: Shiba Inu Soars 15% (Weekend Watch)
- FREE FCC Tokens In FreeCity NFT Airdrop!
- A Doctor Paid $60K Worth of BTC to Hitmen to Kidnap His Wife
- Adopting The Satoshi Standard Could Slingshot Bitcoin Adoption
- Norwegian BTC Miner Moves Beyond the Arctic Circle to Cut Energy Costs (Report)
- With Accelerating China Issues, What Is Bitcoin’s Place In Macro?
- DEFY ICO 2022-08-15
- Bitcoin Is The New Meme Machine
- Long-Term Holders And Derivative Market Traders See Opportunity With The Current Bitcoin Price
- ETH Merge Coming Sooner, BlackRock With First Direct BTC Investment Product: This Week’s Crypto Recap
- FREE REAL Tokens In RealLink NFT Airdrop!
- FREE PLAYZ R-Grade NFTs Coins In PlayDapp x CoinMarketCap Crypto Airdrop!
- FREE PLAYZ R-Grade NFTs Tokens In PlayDapp x CoinMarketCap NFT Airdrop!
- MTDU ICO 2022-08-13